Monday, September 1, 2008

Reflecting

I'm sitting here today thinking about Jess and what she said on her blog. I'm having a problem with it, because as much as I don't want to admit it, she's right.

I'm personal. I let people in. And every time I get hurt. I have people who say they love me and doesn't show it. I have people who say "you have no idea what you mean to me" and completely shove me right out of their lives.

I'm so confused right now. I'm not happy with anything. Depression hit me last night in a big way. I feel lost in the world. I'm floating around waiting for someone to catch me, for me. Not for themselves.

I'd give the shirt off my back to just about anyone. I give homeless crackheads on the corner, money. Once I even gave a stranger a ride because it was raining. When he got in the car, I had a bad feeling about him, and couldn't wait to get him to his destination. I do stuff like that because I try to be a good person, I try to give everyone the benefit of a doubt.

I'm in so much pain. So much fucking pain. I just have a better way of dealing with it...

I have a better way of hiding it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you dearly Hooker. I know I am a pain in the ass ALL the freakin time, but it's only cuz I love you. I can't help the "mother" in me. You are such a great person and I see how everyone takes advantage of that and you don't see it. I'm sorry for making you think you can't talk to me. It's not my intention. Just remember, even when it seems like I'm not there, I AM!! I love you!

Coyote Bebop said...

We can't catch you, until you want us to, but we will ALWAYS pick you back up.

Mig said...

Isn't it funny how good we can become at hiding what's really going on inside? Its a defense mechanism I think.

Life is full of bumps and roadblocks, I hate that.

Stick with your therapist, work through it. I'm praying for you.

alan said...

The forks in the road always lead somewhere; it might be where we want to go, or somewhere we need to go.

One foot in front of the other is the only way to find out!

alan

fineartist said...

Oh honey I love you, and some day we are going to hug and visit and hug some more.

Mom