Monday, March 2, 2009

The Bright Side

He's been sober for three weeks yesterday. He's a much better person sober. Which is expected. Yesterday, he wanted to drink. I told him he could go to AA, but he wasn't drinking in my home. He wouldn't go to AA, but he didn't drink either. I'm wondering what's going to happen when he starts getting paid.

I got a second job at a mental hospital. My family and friends say it's about time I go where I belong. I have to admit, I do find the mentally ill interesting. I will be working the switchboard and checking belongings that people drop off to their loved ones. The good thing, the pay is decent. It's after hours from my regular job and on weekends. The bad thing, they will only use me "as needed". They did tell me they would pull me in for other things as well, so I can get some hours. Whatever works. I have extra time to kill and I want MONEY!

Things are definitely better at home. I just hope it stays that way. I'm trying to think positive and better myself. I've even been going to church!

Bet ya didn't see that coming, did ya?

9 comments:

Rain said...

Cool! hope your good luck continues. Church is good, and if you have problems in the future you will find your church is a good place to go for help. I will publish the depression tips in my next post.

Mig said...

I'm so relieved. I may be far away but I worry. Church is a good thing. Inner peace can never hurt. Excellent about the job. We were all rooting for ya! ;-)

Anonymous said...

OMG! When did Hell freeze over? Noone told me!! lol Love you Hooker!

Coyote Bebop said...

I worked in a mental Hospital once. One day, while cleaning the rooms, I walked in on Mr. Walker, and he was sitting in his bed, making race car noises. "What are you doing, Mr Walker?" I asked. He answered, "I'm going on vacation in my new hot rod." I smiled and turned to leave, but was startled by Mr. Walker's roomate, who was sitting on his bed, naked, and masturbating viciously. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!?!" I shouted. He said, "I'm fucking Mr. Walker's wife, while he's on vacation".

heh

.

Sassy said...

lmmfao

pearl said...

glad things are going good and congrats on the job...

beckyboop said...

Your new job sounds cool. You will be able to observe the mentally challenged without having to participate in their care.

I love to observe people.

Hey, ya might want to try an Alanon meeting. It will help you as well as that guy.

alan said...

I hope things are still going well and that your weekend is as wonderful as you are!

alan

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

I'm hoping it all keeps getting better for ya.
:)