Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's been a while...

My grandfather passed away on 10/11. He was sick for years, so he's in a much better place now. My mom didn't handle it very well, but that's expected. He was a very good man. He will be missed.

I got my very own nice office at work. AND thanks to another bonus the company gave me, I was able to buy a new (to me) car! It's super nice. It's also black, which I love.

I'm thinking about moving at the end of the month. I need an apartment (or house) that doesn't have dangerous steps to walk up and down. I've been having a lot of back problems (bulging disc) since falling down my apartment steps last year. It's painful and annoying. My lease is up in December. Time to move!

Other than the back problems, still working two jobs, and missing you guys...

LIFE IS IMPROVING!

:XO

7 comments:

Mig said...

Yipeeee! New car, office, apartment on the horizon, love it!

Congrats!

fineartist said...

Oh right on to the improvement of life.

Yay.

much love, mom

Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Sorry to hear of your grandfather’s passing. And for the grief you and yours must bear because of it.


Keep in mind I intend not to minimize or trivialize your loss when I say what I’m about to say. I’ve died so many times before on the inside and been so close to death on so many occasions on the outside that when I finally do pass, it will most likely be welcomed with open arms. And I’m only 35. When I was thirty, I would tell people in their fifties that I would die by age 50. They thought this to be the saddest thought. Yet I am grateful to know life at all, even for a short while.

See. Look how narcissistic I am. I go to offer condolences and end up talking about myself. What a selfish fuck I am. But I don’t mean to be. I don’t want to be. Anyway. I’m glad you got a cool office and cool black car. Black car. Black pants. Black taco.

Here’s to you pushing forward into improvement!

Sassy said...

Thanks guys!

Thanks, James! I don't mind if you talk about yourself! Talk away! You are not selfish by no means!

*hugs*

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Missing you, too! Just came from Pearl's blog--she said the same thing. What is up with all of us??

I hope you find a great place. I'd offer to help ya move, but we don't have truck, dangit. Was driving through Brownsburg on Halloween and saw a bumper sticker on a truck that read, 'Yes, this is my truck & NO, I will not help you move.' Thought that was sorta funny--now that we've moved for what I hope will be our last time.

Work sounds good! Good for you.
You sound good. Aside from the pain, I mean. Even with, you still sound good.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather, though. Good men are hard to come by.

Anonymous said...

Hooker I miss you beyond words! Love you!

fineartist said...

Awww I didn't even catch the part at your pa pa. I'll pray for the repose of his soul, and know that he's probably in Heaven with my dad drinking a black and tan.
love you, mean it,
mama